Organic Goji Berry and Cranberry Chutney Recipe
Here at Goji’s & More Inc. we are more than just the suppliers of goji berries, we also really enjoy eating them too.
With our love of incorporating goji berries into as many of our meals as possible, we have developed quite a few of our own recipes, such as the Acai Bowl Recipe made with real goji juice.
Today we would like to share with you one of our all time favourite recipes, goji berry and cranberry chutney. This delicious chutney compliments almost any roasted meat, such as turkey, chicken, or even my absolute favourite, lamb chops.
What you will need:
- 12 ounces fresh organic cranberries
- 2/3 cups dried organic goji berries – we know a good goji supplier
- 1/4 cup chopped dried organic apricots
- 1 medium organic shallot, chopped
- 1 cup organic apple cider
- filtered water
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 tablespoons of organic maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh grated organic ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- Pinch organic cayenne pepper
- Pinch organic allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped organic walnuts
- Zest of one organic orange
What you will need to do:
- Combine fresh organic cranberries, dried organic goji berries, chopped dried organic apricots and chopped organic shallots in a saucepan
- Add organic apple cider and enough filtered water to cover the mixture
- Bring to a rapid boil, then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until the goji berries are soft and plump and the cranberries split open
- Stir in brown rice syrup, organic maple syrup, grated organic ginger, ground organic cinnamon, organic cayenne pepper, organic allspice and sea salt
- Simmer for 5 minutes longer, remove from heat and stir in chopped organic walnuts and organic orange zest
- Cool to room temperature and serve
Best of all, this organic goji berry and cranberry chutney can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.